Cool-Power ZVS regulator with 48V buck regulators
26 May 2015
Vicor announces the expansion of its Picor Cool-Power ZVS Point-of-Load regulator portfolio with the introduction of high efficiency buck regulators.
The entire Cool-Power portfolio is characterised by products with benchmark efficiency and density performance that are simple to use, accelerating time to market.
• Enables 48V direct to PoL high performance step-down regulation.
• Zero-Voltage Switching (ZVS) topology provides unparalleled efficiency over 96%.
• High density 10 x 10 x 2.5mm LGA System in Package (SiP) module for power delivery over 100W.
• Advanced features including constant current control for lighting and battery applications.
PI354x Cool-Power ZVS buck regulators utilise the integration of a high performance ZVS topology that enables 48V direct to PoL without sacrificing performance. With step-down regulation from a higher voltage source, engineers can deploy more efficient power distribution architectures, reduce I2R losses, and eliminate costly and inefficient intermediate conversion stages.
• PI354x series operates from 36 to 60 Vin.
• Regulates an output voltage ranging from 2.2 to 14V, with output current delivery up to 10A.
• Power delivery can be further increased by using single wire current sharing without any additional components.
The PI354x Cool-Power ZVS buck regulators are designed for a wide range of applications leveraging higher voltage distribution, including: telecom, network infrastructure, datacentres, industrial, battery, and lighting applications.
The PI354x series expands and enhances the Vicor Power Component Design Methodology. When used in conjunction with Vicor’s front-end products and Factorised Power products, the PI354x series can enable a complete power chain from AC or HVDC (200 V+) source to PoL.
Pricing and availability
Picor Cool-Power PI354x ZVS buck regulators can be ordered today from Vicor and Vicor authorised distributors. PI354x series pricing starts at $12.80 in 1Ku quantities. To order, email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 00 800 8426 7000 or visit the website at www.vicorpower.com.
Contact Details and Archive...