Wearables platform launched at National Electronics Week
10 March 2015
The recently announced collaboration between Fortronic and New Events aims to explore evolving technology.
Fortronic and New Events want to work with companies and engineers to examine the emerging wearable technology market. At this year’s National Electronics Week at the NEC, Birmingham, UK, 21 and 22 April 2015, the partners will be hosting a Wearables Fortronic Forum to explore the technology and the uses for Wearables.
National Electronics Week will be a platform for the exchange of ideas that will help and inspire those in the industry – and those considering entering it.
Fortronic and New Events are looking for contributions to this first Fortronic Forum at National Electronics Week, with presentation papers on such diverse areas as:
• Battery design for wearable devices – size, weight and longevity challenges for effective battery design.
• Maximising energy consumption in wearable devices – how to design for always-on battery use.
• The role of 3D and/or CAD-CAM design in wearable technology – how integrating components into thin materials can be aided with software.
• Networking wearable devices – discussing the most effective communication methods in harsh environments.
• Security – how to ensure data is not vulnerable to unauthorised access or attack in ubiquitous, wearable devices.
• Any other areas relating to Wearable Technology, relevant to your market sector.
Deadline for submitting papers is 31st March 2015.
Contact Details and Archive...