Release 2 of SMARTDAC+ GA10 data-logging software
20 January 2015
Yokogawa Electric has enhanced the GA10 data-logging software for the SMARTDAC+ data acquisition and control system.
The GA10 software can collect, display, and record data from multiple data acquisition and recording devices and measuring instruments. GA10 release 2 comes with new optional real-time calculation and report output functions and features enhanced connectivity with host systems, thus helping customers improve their work efficiency and share information more effectively.
1. Real-time calculation
GA10 release 2 has a function that can perform calculations using data from multiple channels and display the results in real time. No special knowledge of computer programming is required: users need only enter a formula for the calculation in a spreadsheet cell. One typical application is the development of household appliances such as air conditioners, which requires the display of temperature readings from multiple locations.
2. Customised reports
While the earlier version of the GA10 software could print tables containing data from multiple sources, GA10 release 2 can also print reports that contain graphs, text, and images. This function allows users to customise their reports for purposes such as filing to government authorities and reporting on product evaluation tests for their customers. To output these reports automatically, users only need set the report format and time, thus greatly improving efficiency.
3. Improved connectivity with host systems
For improved connectivity with other companies' SCADA systems and higher-level databases, GA10 release 2 supports the OPC-UA industrial communications protocol. As a result, a greater variety of host systems can now access data collected by plant facility monitoring systems that utilise data acquisition, recording devices and the GA10 release 2 software or which has been stored in databases using the GA10 release 2 software.
Major target markets
- Developers and manufacturers of household appliances, automobiles, semiconductors, alternative energy solutions, etc.; research institutes
- Companies in the iron and steel, petrochemical, chemical, pulp and paper, food, pharmaceutical, water supply and wastewater treatment, electrical equipment/electronics, and other industries that utilise monitoring equipment
Acquisition, display, and recording of data such as temperature, voltage, current, flow rate, and pressure for the evaluation testing and quality inspection of products, monitoring of plant equipment, and environmental monitoring
- Yokogawa recorders, data loggers, indicating controllers, temperature controllers, power monitors, and signal converters
- Yokogawa power meters (some older models not supported)
- Modbus instruments from other companies
Contact Details and Archive...