Test solutions at Embedded World 2012
16 January 2012
MSO3000 bench oscilloscope
Manufacturer of oscilloscopes, Tektronix, has announced that the company will be showcasing a -range of test and measurement products at Embedded World 2012, which takes place from 28 February –1 March 2012 in Nuremberg, Germany.
The Tektronix products on display will address a range of applications, from high-speed serial data and embedded systems to energy efficient designs and RF test; visitors to the Tektronix stand will be able to get hands-on demonstrations and technical advice to help them solve their individual test and measurement challenges.
“Over the last few months Tektronix has launched a number of exciting new products helping our customers deal with today’s embedded system designs that integrate analogue, digital and wireless technologies,” said Trevor Smith, Technical Marketing Manager at Tektronix. “We are looking forward to showing off these new products at the show, with the help of our distribution partners – Elektronik-Kontor and CalPlus – who will be on-hand to answer questions and give product demonstrations.”
Highlights on the Tektronix stand this year will include:
• A range of Tektronix’ leading oscilloscopes, including the new MDO4000 Mixed Domain Oscilloscope Series, MSO3000 bench oscilloscopes and mid-range MSO/DPO5000 Series Mixed Signal Oscilloscopes, which offer embedded systems design engineers unmatched performance and analysis tools for complex component and system-level debug and validation tasks. Also on show will be the recently announced DPO/DSA70000C Digital Oscilloscope Series, which combines industry leading 33GHz bandwidth with 100Gs/s sampling rates, coupled with comprehensive triggering features and probing solutions, making it the ideal debug and verification tool for the most demanding high-speed design applications such as DDR memory, high performance ASICs, FPGAs, system-on-a-chip devices, and digital RF.
• The RSA5000 Series Real Time Signal Analyser, with best in class 85MHz capture analysis bandwidth, the latest in Tektronix’ portfolio of RF test solutions, aimed at RF engineers dealing with numerous design and operations applications such as spectrum management, radar, electronic warfare, radio communications and EMI/EMC. The RSA5000 Series features advanced time, frequency, amplitude, and DPX trigger functions combined with swept DPX allowing engineers to discover and capture intermittent and rapidly changing signals that can be missed by traditional spectrum analysers. Tektronix will also be showcasing its range of RF and Microwave Power Sensor Meters, the PSM3000-4000-5000 Series, giving accurate, fast and stable RF power measurements from 10MHz to 26.5GHz.
• A range of Tektronix bench test instruments, including the FCA/MCA3000 Series timer/counter/analysers which feature the tools and capabilities needed to quickly and accurately analyse signals (such as deep internal memory, a fast data transfer rate, multi-parameter display and comprehensive analysis modes). Also on show will be the PWS4000 Series of DC Power Supplies which offer a wide voltage and current range and fine setting resolution, allowing engineers to precisely generate the power needed to satisfy many different applications.
• The AWG7000C Series of Arbitrary Waveform Generators (AWGs) that bring performance and usability enhancements to the industry’s most capable family of signal generation solutions. The new ‘C’ series of Tektronix AWG instruments provide a 45% reduction in waveform creation times compared to prior AWG instruments, essential for performance-intensive applications where large number of waveforms are required to effectively characterise high-speed serial and wideband RF/Microwave designs. Also on show will be the bench-top AFG3000 Series Arbitrary / Function Generator, which supports a wide range of application needs with one instrument (with 12 standard waveforms, arbitrary waveform capability, and signal impairment options).
• The TLA6200 Series Logic Analysers, which offer the performance needed to debug, validate, and optimise the functionality of today’s digital systems. The TLA6200 Series provides a set of signal integrity debug tools that allow users to quickly isolate, identify, and characterise elusive and hard-to-find problems.
Advanced Probing Solutions
At Embedded World, Tektronix will also be demonstrating its range of probing solutions, including the revolutionary new TPP1000 and TPP0500 Series which deliver the benefits of passive probes – high input dynamic range, robust mechanical design and lower cost – with performance similar to an active probe. These high-impedance (10 MΩ input resistance) passive voltage probes limit the effect on circuits with capacitive loading of just 3.9 pF at the probe tip.
Contact Details and Archive...