BoM Scrub Capabilities Alleviate Potential Production Headaches
15 October 2023
Agile Electronics is now able to provide its OEM/CEM customers with a BoM scrub service. Through BoM scrubbing, the bill-of-materials list can be scanned - in order to identify any anomalies, errors or possible part shortage hazards. This significantly reduces the potential risk of manufacturing disruptions occurring.
Agile’s comprehensive BoM Scrub capability means that customers will receive:
• A full life cycle report for each constituent component (to help avoid obsolescence issues).
• The quantities of the specified components available through supply chain channels and their estimated lead times.
• Alternative component options that can be considered.
• A detailed check of manufacturers’ part numbers to make certain they are all correct.
• Last-time-buy (LTB) information on components nearing end-of-life (EoL).
As Sarah Eddowes, Director of Agile Electronics, explains; “With many changes over the last 12 to 18 months, the electronic component industry is still in a state of flux. To avoid disruptions to our customer’s supply chain our BOM scrub can help eliminate component sourcing challenges and improve their supply chain process.”
Contact Details and Archive...