Secure Authenticator cryptographically protects products & easily integrates with 1-Wire
26 May 2022
ADI DS28E30 Secure Authenticator
Semiconductor firm specialising in sensing, data conversion, signal processing, RF & power management, Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) has introduced the DS28E30 1-Wire ECDSA Secure Authenticator, a cost-effective solution to detect & help protect products from counterfeiting or misuse.
Combining a fixed-function cryptographic toolbox based on the industry standard FIPS 186 elliptic curve digital signature algorithm (ECDSA), secure storage of keys and application data, and the single-contact 1-Wire interface, the device easily integrates into existing or new designs with minimal complexity.
• Download datasheet, order samples & evaluation boards: http://www.maximintegrated.com/DS28E30
• Watch a video about the DS28E30: https://www.maximintegrated.com/en/support/videos.html/vd_1_qnc540qq
The DS28E30 provides secure features to enable use management of limited life tools, sensors and other peripherals. These include a monotonic, non-resettable, decrement-only counter and 1Kbit of general-purpose EEPROM that can optionally be ECDSA protected to store application data including end-product life-cycle information.
DS28E30 key features:
• FIPS 186 ECDSA-P256 based challenge/response authentication
ADI EVAL-DS28E30 Secure Authenticator
• Single pin 1-Wire interface for minimal interconnect requirement
• Each part factory programmed with ADI public key certificate for guaranteed authenticity
• 3Kb secure EEPROM for user memory, keys and certificate
• Wide operating range: 1.62V-5.25V, -40C to +85C
• Small 1.2mm x 1.4mm 4-ball WLP with 0.5mm pitch
Pricing & availability:
• Now in full production
• Price each per 1,000: $0.66
• Packaging: 4 Ball WLP
Contact Details and Archive...