MEMS accelerometer provides ultralow power for healthcare & industrial applications
02 May 2022
ADI ADXL367 MEMS Accelerometer
Semiconductor firm specialising in sensing, data conversion, signal processing, RF & power management, Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) has announced a three-axis MEMS accelerometer designed for a wide range of healthcare & industrial applications, including vital signs monitoring, hearing aids & motion-enabled metering devices.
The ADXL367 accelerometer improves power consumption by two times versus a previous generation of the device (ADXL362), while improving noise performance by up to over 30%. The new accelerometer also provides extended field time that maximises battery life and reduces maintenance frequency and cost.
• Download the datasheet, order samples & evaluation boards at: http://www.analog.com/ADXL367
• Connect with engineers & ADI product experts on EngineerZone™, an online technical support community: http://ez.analog.com
The ADXL367 consumes only 0.88µA at a 100Hz output data rate and 180nA when in motion-triggered wake-up mode. Unlike accelerometers that use power duty cycling to achieve low power consumption, the ADXL367 does not alias input signals by undersampling, but rather samples the full bandwidth of the sensor at all data rates.
ADXL367 key features:
• 200nW motion detection in wakeup mode & 970nW in measurement.
• Deep multimode output FIFO, a built-in micropower temperature sensor, an internal ADC for synchronous conversion of an additional analogue input, single/double tap detection & state machine to prevent a false triggering.
• Functions with supply voltages as small as 1.1V allowing for single cell battery operation without external boost converters.
• Provisions for external control of the sampling time and/or an external clock.
• Rich digital features, such as single & double tap, free fall & activity detection reduce computation demand for the host microprocessor & further improve system power consumption.
Pricing & availability
The ADXL367 is now in full production (packaging: 2.2mm x 2.3mm x 0.87mm), priced at $2.95 per 1,000.
Contact Details and Archive...