One I/O panel not enough? New additions to Hammond’s 1553 handheld family have two...
06 April 2022
Hammond’s 1553 family now has three sizes with two removable end panels. Additional cable entries & I/O options are satisfying the requirements of many different applications.
The new additions to the 1553 family feature two flat removable plastic end panels, rather than a single panel. Obviously the 1553BX, CX and DX are without a battery compartment, but feedback suggests that additional options for cable entries and I/O are satisfying the requirements of many different applications.
The 1553 soft-side family features an ergonomically curved shape that fits comfortably into the hand. They are moulded in general purpose ABS with a soft plastic overmould for a comfortable grip. All five sizes with a single end panel, with or without a battery compartment, are available in six colours. The new BX, CX and DX twin end panel versions do not have a battery compartment and are initially available as standard in black and grey, with other colours to special order. They are ideal for housing handheld instruments, remote controllers, flying lead machine controllers and many other applications where a stylish, comfortable and easy to hold enclosure is required. All sizes have four PCB standoffs moulded into the base.
1553*X twin-panel features:
• The new versions with two removable plastic end panels are the 'BX', 117 x 79 x 24, the 'CX', 117 x 79 x 33 and the 'DX', 147 x 89 x 25
• All sizes are available in black and grey
• Alternative IR transparent end panels are available for the 'B' and 'D' sizes
• No battery compartment
1553 family features:
• 5 sizes from 75 x 50 x 17 to 147 x 89 x 25
• Moulded in general purpose ABS
• ‘B’, ‘C’ and ‘D’ sizes are available with or without a battery door in the base, all apart from the smallest ‘AA’ and ‘A’ sizes have a single plastic removable end panel
• The battery compartment versions are supplied complete with clips for 2 x AA and 1 x PP3 batteries
• The ‘AA’, ‘A’ and ‘C’ sizes are available in black and grey
• The ‘B’ and ‘D’ sizes are also available in yellow, translucent blue and red
• Alternative IR transparent end panels are available for the ‘B’ and ‘D’ sizes
• The two smallest ‘AA’ and ‘A’ sizes do not have a battery door or removable panel
• The soft overmoulds are black or grey
• All sizes feature a recessed top cover to accept a display or membrane keyboard
• Optional belt/pocket clips are available in black and grey
IP65 1553W features:
• Sealed to IP65
• Moulded in flame-retardant, UV-stabilised ABS for use outside
• The 1553W IP65 watertight versions of the 'B', 'C' and 'D' sizes have a single front panel integral with the top cover
• The 1553W family does not have a battery compartment
To contact us to discuss a specific requirement, call +44 1256 812812, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or use Live Chat via our website.
Contact Details and Archive...