R&S Demystifying EMC 2021: schedule announced for first-ever all-digital edition of annual EMC event
01 February 2021
Rohde & Schwarz Demystifying EMC conference goes virtual for 2021
R&S's annual Demystifying EMC conference will go all-digital in 2021 for the first time, offering participants the opportunity to engage with industry experts and featuring a mix of live, educational & interactive events, with a virtual exhibition. Digital content, both live & on-demand, will extend participation to the global EMC community; happening over 3 days from February 9-11, registration is now open.
Rohde & Schwarz (R&S) has published the programme for Demystifying EMC 2021, happening for the first time as an all-digital event.
Spanning three days from 9th to 11th February 2021, the conference will be hosted from the virtual floors of a digitised Rohde & Schwarz headquarters. The programme comprises live keynote sessions, partner presentations on a variety of subjects – available continuously on demand throughout each day – and an “always on” virtual exhibition, with opportunities to chat with experts at any time.
The live keynote sessions will be introduced by Rohde & Schwarz, including morning presentations by Lee Hill of Silent Solutions. With different content for each day, he will begin with “Can You Pass the EMC Test?”. Delegates will get to test their knowledge in multiple-choice exam questions hand-picked by Lee from his university EMC course. His second keynote, “When the Conducted Emissions Test isn’t Conducted!”, will show practical ways to prevent noise currents disrupting conducted-emissions measurements. On the final day, Lee will present “Finding and Measuring Low Frequency Current”, investigating some of the EMC world’s most poorly understood phenomena.
Each afternoon will feature presentations with live Q&A. The first, by Sam Chew of Rohde & Schwarz Asia Pte Ltd will explain “The Ideas behind Electromagnetic Environment (EME) Testing”, addressing the gap between EMC compliance and safety requirements.
On day two, Naseef Mahmud, Solution Manager for Wireless Coexistence Testing at Rohde & Schwarz will discuss the consequences of lost data packets.
The third afternoon keynote, by Dr. Derat Benoit, Senior Director of Development, will tackle the big issues – literally – in “Over-The-Air Testing of Electrically Large Objects.”
On-demand partner sessions
In addition to the live sessions, delegates can see any of 12 presentations by experts from Rohde & Schwarz partners, available on demand in the Demystifying EMC Educational Area. These comprise:
Rohde & Schwarz is a proven supplier of state-of-the-art EMC test solutions
• Introduction to EMC Simulation with CST Studio Suite by Tamara Monti of Dassault Simulia, focusing on early simulation for “what if” analysis.
• EMC Simulation of an Electric Vehicle Powertrain by Tamara Monti, illustrating simulation at the conceptual stage of the design to reduce EMC issues later in development.
• CISPR 25 & E Motor Testing by Martin Wiles, Director at Albatross Projects GmbH will discuss the CISPR 25 Ed. 4 test methods for electric motors, which are now being adopted as part of UNECE Reg 10.
• IoT Radio Equipment Using Radio Modules. Two presentations from Element Material Technology by Michael Derby, Technical Director for Regulatory Approvals and Steve Hayes, Technical Director for Connected Technologies.
• Power integrity & Noise Immunity by Mohammed Al Alami, Senior Field Applications Engineer at Würth Electronics will highlight the impact of good and bad design practice and show how to improve signal integrity.
• Effective EMI Shielding Solutions by Mohammed Al Alami will discuss how conductive or magnetic shielding materials can significantly influence EMI performance, with material selection and implementation advice.
• Conducted Immunity Testing, An Evolution by Nick Wright, CEO of EMC Partner AG will provide an update on the latest standards and specifications regarding emission and immunity.
• Keep Calm & UKCA Mark - Your BREXIT Survival Guide (Part 3) with Nick Wainwright of Eurofins E&E continuing his journey tracking developments in EMC compliance and product marking.
• An Overview of the Testing & Certification Considerations for Wireless Charging. Mark Briggs, Director at Wireless, UL VS Ltd describes requirements for devices that integrate Wireless Power Transfer technologies, and regulations including the forthcoming ANSI C63.30 standard.
• UKCA Mark: 5-and-a-Half Weeks In! by Joe Lomako of TUV SÜD will examine the issues associated with the UKCA mark and make observations on what has been seen so far.
• Cybersecurity of IoT Devices – Standards & Assessment by Joe Lomako will overview the IoT standards landscape and show how to put devices on the market with a basic security assurance.
• Towards Vehicle Resilience: New Challenges for Vehicle Assurance. Alastair Ruddle of Horiba MIRA describes risk-based systems engineering approaches and goal-based assurance targets that can ensure the resilience of future vehicles.
Delegates can log in from 8.00am CET on Monday, February 9 to preview the exhibition and meet Rohde & Schwarz staff before the event begins.
Demystifying EMC 2021 is free to attend and provides access to all events and presentations taking place over the three days. Registration is open now. Please visit www.rohde-schwarz.com/DEMC to register and find more information.
Contact Details and Archive...