UL 217 tested & verified smoke detector reference design & algorithm
09 November 2020
Analog Devices (ADI) has introduced a reference design & algorithm that enables small form factor, low power, smoke detector designs to be rapidly prototyped & brought to market faster at a reduced cost.
The new CN0537 reduces design risk and has been tested and verified to pass the UL 217 Standard for Smoke Alarms, 8th edition. The reference design uses Analog Devices’ ADPD188BI high performance optical sensor core, combined with a precision smoke chamber for reduced nuisance alarms.
• Download circuit note, order algorithm, UL-217 certified datasets, source code & reference platform hardware at: http://www.analog.com/CN0537
• Watch the CN0537 webcast: https://www.analog.com/en/education/education-library/webcasts/saving-more-lives-how-design-better-smoke-detectors.html
• Learn more about ADI’s Smoke Detection Solutions
• Connect with engineers & ADI product experts on EngineerZone™, an online technical support community: http://ez.analog.com
CN0537 reference design key features:
• UL 217 8th edition tested & verified smoke & fire algorithm
• Data package for algorithm development including more than 1,000 smoke datasets taken at UL-217 certified facilities
• Software providing data pre-processing, initialisation, calibration and environmental compensation source code
• Arduino form factor smoke detector reference design for rapid prototyping & development
• Low power hardware design & low computational algorithm extending battery life and reducing battery size & cost
For pricing & availability, please visit: http://www.analog.com/CN0537
Contact Details and Archive...