Chipset enables next-gen AR heads-up displays
24 November 2017
Providing automakers and tier-1 suppliers with the ability to bring bright, dynamic augmented reality displays to windscreen and place critical information within the driver’s line of sight – the DLP3030-Q1 chipset.
Designers can take advantage of the automotive-qualified DLP3030-Q1 chipset, to develop AR HUD (augmented reality heads-up display) systems that project virtual image distances (VIDs) of 7.5 metres and greater. This is facilitated by the unique architecture of digital light processing technology, which enables HUD systems to withstand the intense solar loads created when projecting long VIDs.
The combination of increased VIDs and the ability to showcase imagery across a wide field of view gives designers the flexibility to create AR HUD systems with enhanced picture depth for an interactive, unobtrusive infotainment and cluster system.
For more information about the DLP3030-Q1 chipset, visit www.ti.com/DLP3030Q1-pr-eu.
Key features and benefits of the DLP3030-Q1 chipset
Tools and support
- Decreased package size: Ceramic pin grid array package reduces the digital micromirror device footprint by 65%, enabling smaller picture generation unit designs.
- Increased operating temperature: Operates between -40 and 105 degrees Celsius and delivers 15,000 cd/m2 brightness with the full colour gamut (125% National Television System Committee), enabling clear image visibility regardless of temperature or polarisation.
- Designed and optimised for AR: efficiently manages the solar load resulting from longer VIDs greater than 7.5 metres, while supporting large displays up to 12 by 5 degrees FOV.
- Works with any light source: supports HUD designs that use traditional LEDs as well as laser-based projections for holographic film and waveguide-enabled HUDs.
Automakers and Tier-1 suppliers can easily evaluate, design and productise HUD systems regardless of where they are in the design cycle with one of three new EVMs featuring the DLP3030-Q1 chipset.
- The DLP3030-Q1 Electronics EVM allows developers and Tier-1 suppliers to create their own custom PGUs for HUD systems.
- The DLP3030-Q1 PGU EVM gives designers the tool they need to develop new HUDs based on DLP technology or benchmark DLP technology performance in existing HUD designs.
- The DLP3030-Q1 Combiner HUD EVM enables automakers and Tier-1 suppliers to evaluate full system performance using DLP technology in one easy-to-use tabletop demonstration.
Contact Details and Archive...