House of Lords AI committee to publish report on AI’s big questions
09 April 2018
The House of Lords Select Committee on Artificial Intelligence are soon to publish its report, AI in the UK: ready, willing and able? This piece covers a preview of what they aim to answer.
The committee's five main questions to tackle are as follows:
- How does artificial intelligence (AI) affect people in their everyday lives, and how is this likely to change?
- What are the potential opportunities presented by AI for the UK? How can these be realised?
- What are the possible risks and implications of AI? How can these be avoided?
- How should the public be engaged with in a responsible manner about AI?
- What are the ethical issues presented by the development and use of AI?
The report will be available to the public from Monday 16th April 2018.
For now, further information, both from and about the House of Lords Select Committee (HLSC), can be found on their website and Twitter page.
Moreover, to read up on other relevant documents from HLSC, visit the following publications link: https://www.parliament.uk/business/committees/committees-a-z/lords-select/ai-committee/publications/.
Contact Details and Archive...